Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese – humble dish with Mediterranean flavors.
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese!
I tried this combination for the first time a few years ago in a cafe in trending area of Brooklyn: Williamsburg. Time has passed and I totally forgot about this dish, until I spotted those perfect ramekins in TJMax the other day and immediately thought about Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese.
If you follow my blog, you probably know by now that I loooove feta cheese, tomatoes and…eggs of course. So for me this dish is a happy dance like those 2 crazy ladies from emojis in iPhone…you know what I mean…
Those eggs are so decadent and impressive.
You only need very few ingredients to make a stunning breakfast and impress someone you care for. I’m not sure I can still impress my husband, but I keep trying 🙂
In a last few years he become a food aficionado and the stakes are getting higher and higher. I’m not going to complain about that. It will force me to get better ever day.
Anyways, how to make those wonderful, decadent eggs? Just chop tomatoes, add to ramekin, add crumbled feta, crack two eggs, season with salt, pepper and oregano and place into the hot oven until the egg whites are set. That’s it. It can be done from start to finish in 15 minutes. It cannot get any easier than that.
I know it’s another dish with feta, but I will be completely honest here. If I’m getting low with my feta supply I’m getting nervous. It’s not that easy to find a very good quality feta, so when I go to Costco, I like to stock up on my Dodonis.
I have a back up plan with Trader Joe’s, but that’s really the last resort. Dodonis is by far the best Feta Cheese I have ever tried. That’s how much I love feta and I can use it in soooo many different ways. It’s simply wonderful. And these Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese are no different. Try it and enjoy 🙂
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta CheesePrint
- Half of large Beefsteak tomato , chopped
- 1/2 cup of good quality Feta Cheese , crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Spray ramekins with olive oil spray
- Add chopped tomatoes and crumbled feta to ramekins
- Sprinkle with dried oregano
- Crack 2 eggs to each ramekin
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place it in the hot oven and cook until egg whites are set, about 15-17 minutes (keep it in the oven longer if egg whites are still running, but watch it carefully so you don't overcook your egg yolks.)
If you like this recipe, you may also like this Smashed Avocado Egg Toast: