Unique Egg Salad with Corn, Cheese and Smoked Paprika – perfectly easy lunch dish with a twist.
This Unique Egg Salad with Corn, Cheese and Smoked Paprika is a spin on one of my childhood favorites.
I created the original derivation of this combo at about the age of 12, which just contained shredded cheese, corn and mayo. With a love for egg salad too, I figured…why not marry the 2 and season it with one of my absolute favorite spices: smoked paprika.
Viola! It’s pretty awesome.
As you’ll see, it’s supper easy to make this Unique Egg Salad with Corn, Cheese and Smoked Paprika. See the pictures below.
Just combine hard boiled eggs, shredded cheese, corn, mayo (or a mix of mayo and greek yogurt), season with salt, pepper and smoke paprika and you’re done.
You can eat this salad any way you want: you can have it in a wrap, on a nice crusty bread, or even on it’s own if you’d prefer a no carb version. I like mine best with crusty rustic bread. Enjoy 🙂
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked corn (I used canned corn)
- ½ cup of thinly shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend works best)
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring the water in a pot to boil
- Punch the eggs with a needle and place them slowly in a boiling water
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes
- Remove eggs from boiling water and place them in the ice bath
- Once the eggs are cooled, peal and chop them
- Add to the big bowl
- Add cheese and corn
- Add spices, mayo and yogurt and mix everything together
If you like this recipe you may also like this egg salad sandwitches: